Celebrate Disability Pride with Accessible Art Making Event
At Art-Reach we love to create, so in honor of Disability Pride going virtual, we are asking people from across the state of Pennsylvania to join us on Saturday, July 18th, at 2 pm to create sensory-friendly bottles for yourself or to share with others.
You will most likely need to purchase at least some of these items in advance, so see please see supply list from the Amazon Wishlist below.
Here are some tips to make this activity as affordable as possible:
- You can use an existing plastic water bottle at home. The water bottle shown in the list is just a suggestion.
- You will need one bottle per person who is participating in the activity.
- Purchase the number of bottles needed accordingly.
- Super glue on the supply list is preferred but feel free to use a super glue you already have at home or purchase your own favorite.
- Feel free to use food coloring dye you already have in your kitchen.
Things to know:
- You may need assistance for this project, so be sure to share your plans with your PCA, family member, friend, loved one, etc. so they can be fully prepared to assist you in this fun activity!
- You will need access to the internet in order to participate in this activity.
- This activity can get messy! Paper towels, aprons, wipes, and a sponge will help make clean-up easy!
- The instruction video will be shared on Saturday, July 18th, at 2:00 pm. The instruction video will be captioned, have ASL interpretation, and will include verbal description.
We look forward to making art with you all again!
If you have any questions about accommodations or what to expect, please email Charlie Miller, Director of ACCESS Philly at Art-Reach, firstname.lastname@example.org