Cultural Accessibility Forum & Exchange (CAFE)
CAFE brings cultural organizations together with members of the disability and low-income communities to focus on improving cultural access for everyone.
This forum addresses issues of cultural accessibility in order to:
- Enhance accessible accommodations offered by the Greater Philadelphia cultural community
- Encourage arts providers within the sector to continue their efforts in making experiences accessible to patrons with disabilities
- Expand awareness of the need for such efforts
Let’s keep in touch!
Join ACCESS Jawn
Access Jawn is a Philadelphia-based peer-group powered by Art-Reach to foster a community of cultural professionals who are dedicated to increasing accessibility in the arts. We welcome individuals who are new to the field, an expert, and everyone in between for helpful conversation, knowledge sharing, and FUN!
Join us on Slack for conversation and in-person every third Tuesday of the month for Happy Hour!
Sign up for emails about CAFE
Get notifications about upcoming CAFE Events.
Upcoming CAFE sessions:
Accessibility & Media Production
Wednesday, June 10 | 3-4 PM
With unprecedented times, comes unprecedented shifts in operations. As a result, more of us than ever are incorporating audiovisual production to maximize the effectiveness of our messaging. As Philadelphia’s community media station, PhillyCAM always strives to do the same while making the tools and knowledge available for members of the community to follow suit.
In this virtual session, we will discuss options for how to create media content that is both higher in quality as well as accessibility. Participants will receive a broad overview of tips and resources that can be applied anywhere for production and post-production, including at home! There will be coverage of some low-cost solutions to successfully produce, edit, and caption your audio and video content.
To Register for Virtual CAFE: Accessibility & Media Production
- Register at the blue button below. This is a free event but registration is required to gain access to the session.
- You will receive this session’s link 48 hours prior to the event, with additional details about the session.
- This event will be captioned.
- Please request additional accessibility accommodations through your registration form.
View Past Presenters
Just the Ticket: Ticketing Law & and Best Practices by Dani Rose, Ticket Philadelphia & Alex Boyle, Art-Reach
Build A Bridge International
presenting, Fostering Resilience through Art Making
Elizabeth Clay presenting, The Digital Welcome Mat: Is Your Website and Marketing Accessible to the Disability Community
I AM, Documentary Film by Art-Reach