Venue: The Franklin Institute
222 North 20th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19103
www.fi.edu | (215) 448-1200
Experience live science happening all around you! Walk through the iconic, two-story tall Giant Heart, travel to faraway galaxies in the Fels Planetarium, see explosive, live science shows, and more—be sure to visit The Brain Bar where you can touch a real (plastinated) human brain. Fun for all ages!
Accommodation – https://www.fi.edu/accessibility
- Assisted Listening Devices (ALD)
- Anyone with or without a hearing aid may use the device in all of the museum’s theaters;
- Headsets are distributed free of charge on a first-come, first-served basis from the Atrium Information desk;
- ID required.
- Available upon request at the Atrium Information desk or at the 20th Street Business desk.
- Wheelchair accessible entrances are located at the 20th Street business entrance or via the parking garage elevators into the Bartol Atrium.
- Please view the interactive map and click on the accessibility icon in the upper right corner for clear indications on how to navigate the building using ramps and elevators in order to avoid the stairs.
- Designated parking in The Franklin Institute garage are on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Rear-Window Closed Captioning System, primarily for patrons who are deaf or hard of hearing.
- Plexiglass reflector panels are available for some shows in the Fels Planetarium on the first floor.
- Sensory-Friendly Programs – https://www.fi.edu/special-events/sensory-friendly-sunday
- Sensory – Friendly Sunday – Exhibits will be modified to provide an opportunity to experience all The Franklin Institute has to offer for people on the autism spectrum and with a range of differing abilities.