Venue: Academy of Natural Sciences of Drexel University
1900 Benjamin Franklin Parkway, Philadelphia, PA 19103
www.ansp.org | (215) 299-1000
At the Academy of Natural Sciences of Drexel University, get face-to-face with towering dinosaurs, meet live animals, and wander through a tropical garden filled with live butterflies.
Accommodation – http://www.ansp.org/visit/plan/accessibility/
- Free admission to one caregiver or aide accompanying a guest with disabilities, as needed.
- The Academy welcomes Active Service Animals to all our programs and exhibits. If your group will be accompanied by one or more service animals, please inform our Visitor Services Department in advance at firstname.lastname@example.org or 215-299-1000. This will help us decide which animals to select for your lessons or programs.
- Visitors with wheelchairs are welcome to enter through our barrier-free entrance located on 19th Street.
- A limited number of wheelchairs are available on request.
- The elevator in the rear of the museum (near the 19th Street entrance) provides access to all floors. The elevator at the front of the building provides access to the main level, mezzanine, and second level.
- All restrooms have stalls that can accommodate wheelchairs, and all stalls have railings. Automatic doors are available for the restrooms on the ground level.
- ASL Interpretation
- The Academy of Natural Sciences provides sign language interpretation free of charge for visitors to the museum and programs.
- Arrangements must be made at least two weeks in advance of your visit. To make a reservation, please email us at email@example.com or call 215-299-1000.
- Sensory-Friendly Program
- As you plan your visit to the museum, some of the best times to visit are the afternoons after 1:00 p.m. as the museum is quieter for you and your family.
- The Academy also offers Access to Science events when the museum is open only for families with children on the spectrum. Preregistration is required (same-day registration is available onsite).